07 Aug 2012
libbash weekly report #11
Progress of previous week
- Fix problem with an odd number of semicolons inside declare strings
- Support appending to a variable an unquoted string with special characters like a minus
- Support implicit line break with a pipe at the end of the line
- Support function names starting with a keyword
Plan for this week
Now there’s 8 (from 197) eclasses left with parsing problems, that corresponds to 5 specific problems to fix.
- Fix problem with an odd number of single quotes inside here document (couldn’t solve this in the previous week)
- Fix variable substitution after variable attribution
- Support variable operator in builtin tests
- Support command substitution inside other command substitution
- Fix unwanted line continuation in comments
I’ve already worked with some of this before, but they’re not trivial to solve, so they were left for the end and I will try now to solve them.